Microwave - Foreign Object Detection
(early stage Breast Cancer detection)
- Microwave inverse scattering for foreign object detection (for early stage detection of breast cancer using microwaves).
- Two-dimensional and three-dimensional modelling and obtaining forward and inverse solutions to microwave scattering problems and experimental study for calculating typical unknown object parameters using microwave measurements.
- Micro-Nanotechnology for inferential measurements, observation and treatments.
- Microwave detection and quality measurements.
- Tea moisture and quality measurements.
- Soil moisture, quality and property measurements.
- Wood quality measurements.
Telecommunication – Mobile Communication & Signal Processing
- Telecommunication: engineering, network development and management.
- Mobile communication: system design, service quality and coverage improvements, resource optimization.
- Telecommunication research in microwave engineering and microwave link design.
- Mobile signal propagation studies, radio system planning, and performance monitoring in wireless systems. Path profile analysis and feasibility studies.
Automation and Control Systems
- Investigation on the interaction of planar electromagnetic sensors with dielectric materials at Radio frequencies.
- Industrial electrical control system design and implementation.
- Gyro control system design for stability improvement in camera systems.
- Process Automation (medium to large scale plants).
- Usage of intrinsically safe devices under high to very high hazardous zones.
- Logics of airport baggage handling system design.
Electrical and Power Generation
- Mini electro-mechanical power generation.
- Renewable energy sources.
- Concepts of Hybrid vehicles.
Mathematics for Industry
- Industrial Mathematics for system design and solving engineering problems.
Economics, Technology and Entrepreneurship
- Economics, Technology Management and Entrepreneurship.
- Engineering, Business and Industrial Economics
- Economics aspects of Technology Management, Transfer, Innovation, Commercialization and Technology Policy.
- SMEs and Entrepreneurship
- ICT and related socio and economics issues
- Transport and Maritime Economics